DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 70 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and it is redefine strategy gaming on mobile.
We are looking for a full-time Build and Release Engineer who will play an instrumental part in creating world-leading, next-generation MMORTS and empire-building games, played by millions of mobile gamers. You will be part of a small, skilled development team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture.
You would own these three key areas:
- The Build & Release pipeline for our game server & platform tech
- The game server side of our game data tooling pipeline
- The game server test-automation pipeline
Here's what you will be doing:
- Implement tools to empower our liveops and game design teams in creation of new and exciting game-play experiences.
- Work closely with server engineers to create the tools that allow us to build, deploy and manage our server infrastructure
- Design and develop technology that allows us to reliably deliver new features and updates to thousands of active players
- Work with devops on scaling and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Create automated test suites to improve gameplay experience, curtail exploits and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Overnight and weekend on-call rotation (paid).
To do this job, you will need:
- 2+ years as a Build/Release Engineer in an agile/scrum team.
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Solid Python and Bash skills.
- Strong knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with git.
- Experience with Docker (Terraform is a plus)
- Knowledge of various AWS technologies
While not mandatory, below are nice to have:
- Familiar Automated testing tools
- Worked in a continuous integration environment
- Experience with Gitlab
- Experience with Redis (or other database systems)
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered
- Health & Dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
- More more information check out www.digitgaming.com
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.