DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, is an immersive F2P mobile MMO, which launched worldwide in November 2018 and continues to top the charts across the globe. DIGIT is part of Scopely, with studios in LA, Barcelona, London and Tokyo.
We are looking for a passionate Associate Game Server Developer who will play an instrumental part in creating world-leading, next-generation MMORTS and empire-building games, played by millions of mobile gamers. You will be part of a small, skilled development team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture - this is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and grow within the Games Industry.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Working closely with feature owners, the game design team and other development teams to implement new features within a Feature Pod.
- Work on game features for Star Trek Fleet Command.
- Design and develop our game server and associated tools and libraries, with a focus on low latency, scalability and consistency.
- Work with game client developers to implement real-time, networked communications between game client and server.
- Work with devops on scaling and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Write automated, high-quality tests (unit, integration etc.) and work with QA teams to improve gameplay experience, curtail exploits and ensure that everything works smoothly.
- Implement tools to empower our liveops and game design teams in creation of new and exciting game-play experiences.
To do this job, you will need:
- A love for games and passionate about making tools for games!
- 2+ years as part of a professional game development team or other relevant area.
- Experience with Python - Go, Java or C# is a plus!
- Knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with Redis (or other database systems), ORMs and migration scripts.
- Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code.
- Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
- Experience in git.
While not mandatory, below are nice to have:
- You have built your own games as personal projects or game jams
- Familiar with highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale MMO games or high-traffic web systems.
- C# (Unity) or Java.
- AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures.
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
- For more information check out www.digitgaming.com
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.