DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and it continues to top the charts globally. We officially joined Scopely in 2019, with offices in LA, Barcelona, Colorado, London and Tokyo.
We are looking for a driven Product Manager to join our Star Trek™ Fleet Command team. You will be pivotal to our development process, working with our development pods to ensure features are built to release quality and are great fun to play. You will report to the Lead Product Manager and be part of the Product Group across DIGIT and Scopely, so you have to be comfortable balancing strategic thinking with day to day operations. This role is for someone with extremely high drive and output, you will lead by example, ensuring we are building a game that redefines the strategy genre and delights our players.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Work with a cross disciplined team following Agile development processes to deliver features and bring gameplay designs to life.
- Be heavily involved in pre-production, contributing from concept through delivery and live operations.
- Be a vision holder for STFC, helping explain reasoning for decisions and designs across the studio.
- Be acutely aware of our competitors and their gameplay designs, becoming an expert in strategy games on mobile.
- Help define feature KPI targets and success criteria.
- Communicate vision and design approaches to development teams, being the key connector between product and development.
- Own multiple features in development, in parallel.
- Work with development teams to ensure features are built to specification and more importantly, world-class player facing quality.
- Be proactive and available for development teams, helping to answer questions, make decisions and resolve blockers.
- Constantly be reviewing the progress of the feature on device and defining the goals and focus for the day.
- Communicating progress with stakeholders across multiple studios and timezones.
- Work with production to define and prepare backlogs and sprints.
- Attend Scrum Ceremonies (daily stand ups, sprint kick offs, sprint reviews, retrospectives etc.)
To do this job, you will need:
- A passion for games!
- Excellent communication skills.
- A background in making games, ideally free to play.
- Experience on a mobile game in a design or product capacity.
- Good grasp of mobile game design, and how to make core games work on touch devices.
- A working knowledge of Agile development practices.
- An understanding of live operations within the games industry.
While not mandatory, below are some nice to haves:
- A love of Star Trek!
- Experience working on a mobile game from concept through to release.
- Managed or developed content for live games.
- Experience in Production and/or Games Design on multiple titles.
- Experience working with a license holder / IP.
- Technical or programming background.
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.