DIGIT Games Studios, Ireland’s largest mobile games developer, has developed the smash hit free-to-play mobile game Star Trek™ Fleet Command, which launched in November 2018 to a world-wide audience.
To help support our current and anticipated growth, we are on the hunt for a smart and driven Financial Accountant with 4 years plus post qualified experience to join our Dublin based accounting team on a full-time basis.
This role presents an incredible opportunity to learn and develop in a high tech company, that has huge ambitions for the future. You must like fast paced companies and a challenge!
Reporting directly to the European Director of Finance, you will help ensure smooth day to day financial operations, have ownership over Oracle, provide monthly financial reporting, while ensuring a strong and sustainable internal controls environment.
Here is what you will be responsible for:
- Manage operational accounting activities, such as invoice entry, cash flow planning, and bank reconciliations.
- Monitor accounts payable and prepare semi-monthly payment run.
- Petty Cash Control.
- Keep various budget trackers up to date.
- First accounting Point Of Contact for vendors and staff.
- Full ownership of the month-end close.
- Prepare management accounts, including Balance Sheet reconciliations, for review.
- Ensure Inter-company accounts reconcile.
- Prepare Budget vs Actual variance analysis, and attend internal review meetings with team leads.
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc financial summary information.
- Assist in Board Meeting preparations as required.
- Assist in annual audits, both locally and internationally.
- Ensure Fixed Asset register is kept current.
- Prepare/file miscellaneous Revenue returns via ROS.
- Assist in other project work as required.
- Ensure DIGIT is in compliance with all local tax and regulatory requirements.
To do this job, you will need:
- You should be a qualified accountant with preferably 4 years post-qualified experience in a finance function.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Personable team-player disposition.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with all local and international business partners.
- Ideally, the successful candidate would have a solid grounding in Irish Tax laws, and areas such as R&D.
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.