DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, an immersive F2P mobile MMO, launched worldwide in November 2018 and continues to climb the charts across the globe.
This role is for a highly motivated and highly experienced Game Client Engineer that pushes the quality bar on every topic. Your passion will be in creating and maintaining awesome games as well as have the best and most efficient development experience possible.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Develop next-gen MMORTS mobile games using Unity (for multiple platforms) aiming to be played by millions of daily players
- Work closely with designers and UX/UI to get thorough specs and flesh out the best way to get new ideas into the game. (Work through storyboards, wireframes, feature specs etc)
- Be part of breaking down stories into technical tasks that can be estimated
- Implement great widgets and UI. Support the UI team on a technical level
- Write content pipeline tools and editor extensions, to streamline production
- Work closely with the Art team to get awesome artwork into the game and use Level Of Detail, to make it run on as many devices as possible
- Work with games server team (e.g. for persistent game data, error handling, network connections, efficient data transfer & storage)
- Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-ish process
- Test your own code extensively and work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and to hit sprint goals with a high product quality
- Collaborate with our Platform team (e.g Login, authentication, creating accounts, getting data for general content etc.
- Come up with ways to improve process, working with other engineers to implement these improvements
To do this job, you will need:
- 3+ years of game-dev industry experience (AAA or F2P MMO game-dev experience)
- 2+ years of experience in developing 3D games using Unity - regrettably we cannot consider applications without Games industry experience
- Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills
- Very good understanding of real-time rendering and rendering bottlenecks
- Solid understanding how to write low-latency and low-garbage code in C#
- Fluent in using Git
- Solid understanding of programming principles, how systems work together and various common architectural approaches
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, in large systems
- Be a gamer
While not mandatory, below are some nice to haves:
- Experience in games programming outside of Unity using either C++, OpenGL or DirectX, would be great
- Competence with realtime shader development (HLSL/CGFX, Unity's ShaderLab)
- Mobile experience (whether it’s native iOS or Android, or an understanding of the limitations of mobile platforms etc.)
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Working Permit Sponsorship
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.