DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 70 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, an immersive F2P mobile MMO, launched worldwide in November 2018 and continues to climb the charts across the globe.
We are looking for a full-time Game Server Engineer who will play an instrumental part in creating world-leading, next-generation MMORTS and empire-building games, played by millions of mobile gamers. You will be part of a small, skilled development team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Work on mobile MMOs, improve servers and co-design architectures for new titles.
- Work closely with feature owners, the game design team and other development teams to implement new features.
- Design and develop our game server and associated tools and libraries, with a focus on low latency, scalability and consistency.
- Work with game client developers to implement real-time, networked communications between game client and server.
- Work with devops on scaling and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Write automated, high-quality tests (unit, integration etc.) and work with QA teams to improve gameplay experience, curtail exploits and ensure that everything works smoothly.
- Implement tools to empower our liveops and game design teams in creation of new and exciting game-play experiences.
- Overnight and weekend on-call rotation (paid).
To do this job, you will need:
- 3+ years as part of a professional game development team or other relevant area.
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale MMO games or high-traffic web systems.
- Solid Python development skills.
- Strong knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with Redis (or other database systems), ORMs and migration scripts.
- Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code.
- Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
- Experience in git.
While not mandatory, below are nice to have:
- C# (Unity) or Java.
- AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures.
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Working Permit Sponsorship
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.