DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer and the creator of free-to-play strategy MMO games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. For the past three years we have been developing Star Trek Fleet Command, we launched globally in November 2018 with the goal to redefine strategy gaming on mobile.
We are looking for an ambitious Lead Client Developer to manage a highly skilled team in delivering super quality mobile strategy game, based on iconic AAA IP.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Agree and implement all technical goals assigned by Technical Director
- Own and enhance the game's architecture
- Lead and manage a small Agile team of experienced game client developers. Assign workloads, conduct code reviews, technically coach, set goals etc.
- Attend daily stand-ups - make sure your teams stories are delivered on time
- Work closely with feature owners to provide feedback on features. Identify/mitigate any technical issues. Work with stakeholders to figure out and implement the best alternative technical solutions
- Be the quality gate for all codes that goes into the product. Keep the team writing clean, efficient and optimised code
- Conduct pair programming, 1-1’s & knowledge sharing sessions to enhance skills
- Work closely with QA team to resolve bugs and deliver high quality code for testing
- Contribute directly to the code base (hands on Unity development)
- Work closely with multiple stakeholder teams throughout delivery e.g games server leads, platform team feature owners, devops etc.
To do this job, you will need:
- 5+ years of game-dev industry experience (AAA or F2P MMO game-dev experience).
- Have technically led or managed a game client team (any size really)
- Experienced in developing 3D games using Unity - regrettably we cannot consider applications without Games industry experience
- Excellent understanding of programming principles, how components work together and various common architectural approaches
- Ability to solve complex technical problems, in large scale systems
- An excellent communicator - proven ability to engage and motivate, to bring out the best in people
- Excellent experience working with multiple stakeholders in the dev process - be able to understand their goals, and deliver/ evaluate various tech solutions to meet these
- Be very service oriented and instill this mindset across your team
- Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills
- Very good understanding of real-time rendering and rendering bottleneck
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
- and more...to see all our Benefits and learn more, check out https://www.digitgaming.com/careers/
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.