DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a passionate team of over 70 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and is redefining strategy gaming on mobile.
This Live Game Analyst role is a QA Team position that bridges the gap between development and the live game. Live Game Analysts report directly to the Director of QA & Release and work closely with Development teams, internal QA, Customer Support, Community Management as well as Live Operations to ensure quality in our releases and our live product. They action issues quickly and recommend and/or are involved in fixes. They must deeply understand the player community and the issues that most plague them.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Problem solve by finding root causes and proposing viable solutions
- Coordinating between multiple disciplines, teams, and geographically disparate offices to bridge the gap between development and operations
- Ensures viability of the release once it's live and works closely with all teams to make sure product quality bars are met and protected.
- Identifying and quantifying player-impacting issues and executing mitigation actions
- Involvement in release process, ensuring releases are supported through QA to Live.
- Leveraging prior live issues and having the awareness to anticipate and escalate incoming problems
- Live game monitoring - building, maintaining, and drawing actionable insights from product health dashboards
- Live incident management - identifying, escalating, and quantifying critical player-impacting issues and outages
To do this job, you will need:
- 2+ years working on a Live Game
- QA background
- Skilled in creating and using SQL queries
- Ability to parse logs to find issues
- Ability to understand complex architecture dependencies with other systems
- Ability to understand QAs involvement throughout the development cycle
- Passion to learn new technologies and systems with high degree of ownership
- Strong observational skills, analytical, and detail-oriented
- Strong sense of urgency to mitigate risks and potential areas of concern proactively rather than reactively
- Ability to be flexible and proactive in dealing with other teams in supportive, professional and collaborative manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate to applicable stakeholders
- Strong tracking and organizational skills
- To be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic and a success-based attitude. Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
While not mandatory, below are some nice to haves:
- Coding/Scripting background
- Understanding of computer networking and systems communication
- Experience with Kibana elastic search queries
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependents
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.