DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and is redefining strategy gaming on mobile.
We are looking for a Localisation Producer to join our Star Trek™ Fleet Command team in Dublin, Ireland. This role will be at the centre of every update driving quality and efficiency in how we serve our players using various localised versions of the game. You will be facilitating the connection between our development and live operations groups across Dublin and LA, and our localisation partners around the world. You will be the representative of a huge number of our international players within the development team, making sure we focus on their experiences in everything we make.
You will also report on progress, risks, completions on upcoming releases as well as tracking the localisation quality of the product overall, so we know where we can improve. This role is for someone with a background in localisation and outsourcing, and excellent communication and stakeholder skills.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and working closely with the release team, your focus will be on ensuring excellent connection between development teams and our localisation partners to build a high-functioning Localisation discipline to ensure a phenomenal, authentic player experience for the global market.
The main focus is that players around the world feel like they are truly cared for and enjoy a world-class gaming experience.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Be heavily involved in roadmap planning, pre-production and production so as to identify and map our localisation needs
- Ensure that our DEV practices incorporate internationalisation and global mindset as part of the core planning
- Clearly communicate the goals of your projects to leaders to achieve constant partner alignment across the organisation
- Manage localisation efforts in a multidisciplinary team through all stages of development lifecycle and through live production
- Manage external Localisation vendors, improve processes, manage expectations and keep a constant close eye on quality output.
- Evaluate the overall localisation process and quality in order to draw lessons learned and identify areas of improvement.
- Maintain terminology list, deal with translator’s queries and maintain an up to date translation memory
- Build positive relationships with developers and regional teams
- Identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary to all relevant partners
To do this job, you will need
- 3+ years as a dedicated localisation producer or project manager in a gaming studio or a globally shipped entertainment or technical product
- Experience of managing localisation on a large live operating title across multiple regions
- Experience working with JIRA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience planning, managing, and delivering projects as part of wider initiatives
- Excellent time-management skills with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experienced in working with multicultural, globally distributed teams on projects and processes
- Solutions oriented and committed to fixing not only issues internally but with the vendors as well
- Native-level proficiency in at least one other language besides English
- Clearly demonstrate best practices in LQA testing and how to be efficient with a mixed language team
- Have a service attitude focused on facilitating teams to deliver amazing products
- Solid understanding of Agile and its standard practices
- To be a gamer and passionate about games
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.