DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer and the creator of free-to-play strategy MMO games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. For the past three years we have been developing Star Trek Fleet Command, we launched globally in November 2018 with the goal to redefine strategy gaming on mobile.
We are now looking for a highly driven and experienced QA & Release Manager to lead and grow our QA team, own all our releases, and take the quality we deliver to the players to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to own and drive a vital department in a growing and talented development studio.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Manage an internal team of talented QA testers, of varying levels of experience
- Own how Digit releases every product. Including QA, Release Management and working with the Live teams
- Long term strategic planning to identify and mitigate risks ahead of time
- Manage people to ensure we can achieve our quality goals and remove bottlenecks
- Work with production to effectively plan testing & releases into our roadmaps
- Be a key member of the Senior team, and the owner for quality within Digit
- Manage & work with external stakeholders & partners in a proactive and positive fashion
- Produce reports on & monitor all aspects of QA within Digit based on data and the KPIs which measure our quality level
- Constantly improve our QA processes to ensure we continually get better at releasing stable and high quality products
- Look at the current QA procedures within the studio and adapt and modify them to increase the quality output of the QA department.
- Highlight risks and issues during feature development and ensure that QA quality is upheld in the game by working proactively with team leads
- Define and own our quality and release standards, ensuring they are met for every release
- Provide updates on QA & Release during our regular company meetings
To do this job, you will need:
- At least 3 years experience in a similar QA Manager role
- Proven experience working on live “games as a service” titles
- Experience managing and growing a multi-disciplined QA team, while driving improvements and team skills
- Practical experience with release management
- Exceptionally good at communicating, at a team and company level
- To be highly organised and methodical
- Experience planning QA on a strategic level and thinking long term
- Experience in organising work and planning against complex timelines
- Ability to grow and shrink the QA team in line with development cycles and requirements
While not mandatory, below are nice to have:
- Experience in Production or organising work and complex timelines
- Technical Expertise, especially around mobile technology
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.