DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, is an immersive F2P mobile MMO, which launched worldwide in November 2018 and continues to top the charts across the globe. DIGIT is part of Scopely, with studios in LA, Barcelona, London and Tokyo.
We are looking for a full-time in-house or remote Senior DevOps Engineer who will play an instrumental part in operating world-leading, next-generation MMORTS and empire-building games, played by millions of mobile gamers. You will be part of a small, skilled development team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Work on mobile MMOs, improve servers and co-design architectures for new titles
- Take responsibility for improving and maintaining our cloud infrastructure for running cross-platform MMORTS games and related services and tools
- Provide the best practices, such as immutability, infrastructure-as-code, self-healing etc
- Support and empower our technical teams in developing and applying new features and technologies
- Monitor and inspect our systems and work with the teams to improve performance, stability, efficiency and security
- Support improving and maintaining our build and deployment pipelines
- Share the responsibility with all backend teams for stable operations, including on-call duty
- Maintain documentation, hosting-related reports (costs, KPIs) and operational runbooks
- Liaison with our 3rd party service providers
To do this job, you will need:
- Professional experience working with AWS
- Solid experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, such as Terraform
- Excellent Linux skills
- Deep knowledge about networking tech (such as TCP, HTTP, NAT, VPC, LBs etc) including cloud architectures
- Familiar with Python and Bash scripting
- Experienced in working with dockerized environments
- Eager to help others
- Goal-oriented teamwork and service attitude
- Be a gamer
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Working Permit Sponsorship
- Health and Dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working hours arrangements, remote days
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
- Equity & Bonus
- Strong focus on personal development
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.