DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 70 people and the creator of free-to-play mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. For the past three years we have been developing Star Trek Fleet Command, we launched globally in November 2018 with the goal to redefine strategy gaming on mobile.
We are looking for a senior Director of Production to oversee the roadmap and studio's development process, being a key studio leader and helping to launch our upcoming title. The upcoming title, whilst still unannounced, is currently in soft launch and current metrics point to the title having huge potential and thus creates a massive opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Executive Producer or Director of Production to join and help shape an exciting future for DIGIT.
You will be directly leading and managing a production team of 4 people, providing feedback and helping to mentor them to improve the production skills and capabilities, with the scope as the game becomes a success to grow this team.
Working closely with the CEO and leading and managing the studio’s senior management, team the opportunity exists to make your mark as a studio leader driving improvements and ensuring the studio becomes truly world class.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Working with the CEO to drive the studio culture and production processes
- Direct management responsibility for the production team, carrying out 1:1’s, setting goals and providing feedback to help the team’s career progression.
- Responsible for direct management of the Senior group from other production disciplines to ensure that the studios QA, Release and deployment capabilities are all improved
- Provide operational leadership within the studio to help support the CEO in the day to day running of the studio
- Be an active member of the company’s executive team, heavily involved in the studio’s growth strategy and future plans
- Define and drive the studio production process that enables high performing teams to deliver to quality and on time
- Take ownership of product roadmap and various development schedules
- Drive improvements for our pre-production & development processes and pipelines, helping our teams work better and and more effectively to deliver quality games to our players.
- Deal with senior stakeholders, both within both DIGIT and externally (publisher, partners etc.)
- Manage the day to day production relationship with external publishers
- Balance time, budget and quality effectively
- Help product and feature owners be great at their job, taking much of the production pain away from them
- Oversee scrum / agile methodology and help coach our development teams on it
- Help cross functional teams work well together, identifying dependencies and resolving blockers ahead of time
- Provide visibility upwards on progress and risk
- Ensure outsourced development teams are working effectively and efficiently
To do this job, you will need:
- 8+ years of production experience, with 5+ years at a senior level
- Track record in overseeing both games in development and live
- Experience working in mid-sized studios and in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including publishers
- Experience in managing cross functional teams
- Strong understanding of production methodologies, including a very strong understanding of scrum / agile
- Proven problem solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous mobile experience with an excellent understanding of mobile / free to play games development
- Passion for making games
While not mandatory, below are nice to have:
- Experience working with a license holder / IP
- Technical or programming background
- Have worked on strategy and rpg games
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.