DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and is redefining strategy gaming on mobile. DIGIT officially joined Scopely in May 2019, with offices in LA, Barcelona, Tokyo and Colorado.
We’re on the hunt for a driven Senior Game Designer. The successful candidate will use their grasp of game economics combined with a detailed understanding of gameplay loops to create a balanced and high performing user experience. Working closely with product, analytics, tech and other designers, you will deal with complex data on a daily basis in order to communicate and implement design requirements and solutions.
You’ll be working on free-to-play Strategy MMO games with huge numbers of users, with economies the size of small countries, multiple currencies, resources, and virtual items. You will be aware of every other system in the game and how they connect to your area of ownership.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Take ownership of the design and balancing of dedicated game systems
- Work closely with our Lead Game Designer to advance the team
- Work closely with product, design, UX and tech when designing new features
- Work with our dev teams to ensure the correct communication and implementation of designs
- Work with analytics, CS and CM to identify problems within existing systems
- Conduct competitor analysis and design teardowns.
- Mentor and grow younger Designers on the team
To do this job, you will need:
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Designer
- Strong understanding of game systems in MMOs
- Strong understanding of game economies and progression systems in live games
- Excellent communication and team working skills, in order to effectively work with and assist the Game Design and Product teams
- Strong grasp for player motivation and behaviour
- A passion for games and for crafting exciting mechanics for players
While not mandatory, below are some nice to haves:
- Three released titles or equivalent experience as a Game/Systems Designer
- Relevant qualifications in Computing, Maths, Statistics, and/or Economics
- Excel VBA or scripting experience
- Strong knowledge of event-driven live operations in mobile games
- Strong knowledge of systems driven player owned narrative
- An avid player of F2P mobile strategy games
- Experience in mentoring
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over half of our team from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.