DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer and the creator of free-to-play strategy MMO games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. For the past three years we have been developing Star Trek Fleet Command, we launched globally in November 2018 with the goal to redefine strategy gaming on mobile.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Senior QA Tester to join our current QA team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced QA team in helping deliver exceptional, quality games played by millions of players.
Here is what you will be doing;
- Supporting the QA Lead with delegation of tasks to team members
- Owning areas of the QA pipeline, taking a proactive role in constantly improving processes
- Play an active part in planning feature testing, reporting on progress while being a vocal advocate for driving quality
- Creating and sending progress reports in an accurate and concise manner
- Maintenance of the Jira bug database
- Driving and improving Jira best practices within the team
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the QA team
- Test case maintenance and results analysis
- Knowledge of Apple and Google sandbox testing environment
- Manual testing, regression testing, and investigating issues
- Game balancing and gameplay improvements feedback.
To do this job, you will need;
- 3 years + experience in a games QA role (not localisation), minimum 1 year at senior level
- Knowledge of mobile platforms and device hardware
- Very familiar with Jira or similar bug database tool
- Experience managing external QA vendors, ensuring they deliver to time and to quality
- Exceptionally good at communicating, both written and verbally
- Technical expertise and experience a distinct advantage
- A knowledge and understanding of error logs and crash reports
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Proven ability to think outside the box in identifying potential problems and troubleshooting existing issues
- Highly methodical and thorough, and willing to spend hours trying to break features
- Dedication to quality and going ‘that extra mile’ to deliver it
- An enthusiastic and motivated gamer who loves playing, beating and breaking games.
- Experience with the strategy genre of mobile games is a plus
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
- and more...to see all our Benefits and learn more, check out https://www.digitgaming.com/careers/
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.