DIGIT is Ireland’s largest game developer, creating free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. We are home to a talented team of over 70 people from all over the world. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, achieved top grossing status in over 50 countries. Our latest project, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and is redefining strategy gaming on mobile.
We are looking for a talented, passionate UI Designer for this Senior role. Someone who is recognised as a UI Design leader within the industry.
Star Trek™ Fleet Command is a world class game, and we are looking for the talent to raise the standard even further and really push the boundaries of UI design on mobile devices.
As an experienced voice within a small UI/UX team. You will play a key role in delivering intuitive and rewarding user interfaces to millions of players.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Design for a world class game with a world class IP.
- Iterate, define and enforce a UI Style that surpasses upcoming competitor titles.
- Designing and creating intuitive User Interfaces with a focus on fluid movements, immersive flow, punchy reward moments and an overall device responsive experience.
- Create clean and easy to implement UI assets, which can seamlessly move straight over to the development team and into production
- Assist in rapid iterations and testing on a variety of ideas using wireframes and sketches as well as in-engine mockups.
- Raise the level of knowledge within the team and influence the direction of the project.
To do this job, you will need:
- At least 5 years experience in UI or Graphic Design roles
- Experience in the games sector - regrettably we cannot consider applications without Games industry experience
- A proven ability to create AAA quality User Interface elements
- Demonstrable experience of animation and motion within User Interfaces
- Expert knowledge of UI / UX conventions and competitor analysis
- Experience designing for mobile devices of varying screen sizes
- Experience creating mockups, prototypes, and technical documentation
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or comparable image editing software.
- Excellent understanding of colour, composition, iconography and typography
- Good understanding of asset creation pipeline and management
- Outstanding communication, organisation and time management skills
- Self directed abilities a must
While not mandatory, below are some nice to haves:
- Specialised art training
- Experience in prototyping and user testing
- Game engine (Unity) experience a plus
- 3D software skills
- A passion for games
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.