Effective May 25th, 2018
Digit Game Studios Limited and its subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures and other corporate entities under common ownership (together “DIGIT”, “we”, “our” and “us”) respect and protect your right to privacy in relation to your use of websites and applications (including games) operated by DIGIT (the “Applications”). These include, amongst others, any social games developed and published by DIGIT.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect personal and non-personal information.
- Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We keep this to an absolute minimum, usually just limited to your email address.
- Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual – normally the automatically-gathered information (see below).
There are three main ways in which we collect information.
First, there’s the information you provide to us:
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Player name and password
- Your messages to the Applications (such as chat logs and player support tickets)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Second, there’s the in-game information that is automatically gathered:
- Data about your account and game progress
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- City-level location data
- Data about your use of the Applications, such as gameplay data and your interactions with other players inside the Applications
Third, information we receive from our business partners:
- If you link to our Applications using a third-party tool (e.g. Facebook)
How do we use this information?
The primary use of this information is to provide you with a better gaming experience.
We do not, never have and will never sell, rent or share your personal information with any third party, except as described in this policy.
1. To provide you with a better gaming experience, we need to process certain data, in order to
- Create an account for you
- Register you on any Application
- Provide technical support and respond to your queries
- Ensuring we can verify it is the correct person, when responding to an information request
2. Improving our Applications
When you are in the game, we want you to have the fullest experience possible, that it is in our ability to deliver. To this end, we have a legitimate interest in processing your data. So that we can:
- Send you information relating to updates, security alerts, support messages, etc.
- Enable you to communicate in-game with other players
- Allow for social features as part of the Applications
- Develop and improve your player experience and our application
- Improve the personalisation of any in-game advertising. You always have the right to opt-out of personalised advertisements – more detail provided below.
3. Keeping a level playing field
We have an acceptable use policy, which is there to prevent exploitation, or other unacceptable forms of playing behaviour (including but not limited to misuse of the chat facility).
We take our responsibilities towards our players very seriously, and aim to have the highest measures possible to prevent fraud, and keeping the game experience fun, safe and fair.
Does DIGIT share information?
As noted above, we do not, never have and will never sell, rent or share your personal information with any third party, except as described in this policy.
Your profile data, your in-game activity and any comments you leave publically will be visible by other players. Games are social, and it is a key part of our gaming experience.
DIGIT will only exchange data upon receipt of a lawful request from the appropriate authorities, primarily to combat fraud and other illegal activity. DIGIT will also exchange data in order to comply with a legal requirement, or in furtherance of our obligation to protect the rights, properties or safety of ourselves, our players or others.
In-game advertising may be supplied by certain approved business partners. These partners will be available for review on our opt-out page, and they will have their own privacy policies. These partners include: Scopely (www.scopely.com), Adjust (www.adjust.com), Leanplum (www.leanplum.com), and Amazon Web Services (aws.amazon.com)
Adequate safeguards that our partners may use include standard contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield certification in case of transfers to the USA.
Your Information Rights and Opt-Out provisions
Opt-Out of direct marketing emails
Every email communication will have an instruction. Clearly identifying the action o be taken in order to opt-out from receiving such communications.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android).
Accessing personal data
We will provide you a copy of your personal details in an electronic format. You can request this by emailing email@example.com.
You always have the right to:
- Correct your data
- Object to how we use and/or share your information
- Have your data deleted.
You always have the right to withdraw your consent to our using and processing your data, for example disabling cookies in your browser settings.
We take customer care seriously, We respond to customer issues within a reasonable timeframe, and will make every reasonable effort to keep you, our customer, satisfied.
In the event you are still not satisfied with our efforts, please contact the Irish Data Protection office:
|Telephone||+353 57 8684800+353 (0)761 104 800|
|Lo Call Number||1890 252 231|
|Fax||+353 57 868 4757|
|Postal Address||Data Protection Commissioner
R32 AP23 Co. Laois
|Offices||Dublin Office21 Fitzwilliam Square
Your data is retained for as long as your account is live. Once you ask us to remove your personal data, we will only retain information for as long as is needed to comply with legal requirements, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
We continually assess our security measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, loss, alteration or misuse.
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services.
- If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data.
- If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 13, we will delete that data as quickly as possible.
- If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.